Comments, Letters, and Reports
- HHS Request for Information (RFI) - Improving Efficiency, Effectiveness, Coordination, and Accountability of HIV and Viral Hepatitis Prevention, Care, and Treatment Programs (March 11, 2019) - HBU's response letter to the RFI on the next iteration of the National Viral Hepatitis Action Plan.
- USPSTF Draft Recommendation Statement: Screening for Hepatitis B Virus Infection in Pregnant Women (February 4, 2019) - HBU's comments to support the USPSTF draft recommendation reaffirming an "A" grade for screening for HBV infection in pregnant women.
- Healthy People 2030 Proposed Immunization and Infectious Diseases Objectives (January 17, 2019) - HBU's comments regarding proposed Healthy People 2030 objectives concerning hepatitis B.
- USPSTF Draft Research Plan for HBV Infection: Screening in Nonpregnant Adolescents and Adults (January 2, 2019) - HBU's comments in response to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) draft research plan to review the evidence for HBV screening in non-pregnant adolescents and adults.
- Department of Homeland Security Proposed Rulemaking: Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds (December 4, 2018) - HBU's comments in opposition to the USCIS proposed rule related to public charge.
- President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis’ Draft Interim Report (August 29, 2017) – HBU letter to the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis regarding their Draft Interim Report. The letter provides recommendations for ensuring that the federal response to the opioid crisis includes strategies to address the rising rates of hepatitis B and C in the U.S., largely tied to injection drug use.
- USPSTF Draft Research Plan on Screening for HBV Infection Among Pregnant Women (August 9, 2017) – HBU letter to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) in response to their draft research plan to review the evidence for HBV screening in pregnant women.
- NCI's Cancer Moonshot Report (January 12, 2017) – HBU letter to the National Cancer Institute highlighting gaps regarding liver cancer and cultural competency in their Cancer Moonshot report.
- OMB’s Review of Standards for Maintaining, Collecting, and Reporting Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity (October 31, 2016) – HBU’s comments on the Office of Management and Budget’s review of current and proposed updates to the Standards for Maintaining, Collecting, and Reporting Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity
- Proposed 2018 Redesign of the National Health Interview Survey (March 15, 2016) – HBU’s comments on the National Center for Health Statistics’ Proposed 2018 Redesign of the National Health Interview Survey
- CDC Draft Proposed Framework for the 2016-2020 DVH Strategic Plan (April 3, 2015) – HBU’s comments on the CDC Division of Viral Hepatitis Draft Proposed Framework for the 2016-2020 DVH Strategic Plan
- CDC NCHHSTP Draft Strategic Plan for 2015-2020 (February 24, 2015) – HBU’s comments and Official Statement (February 25, 2015) on the CDC National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention Draft Strategic Plan for 2015-2020
- Response to HHS Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Request for Information – HBU’s response to the Department of Health and Human Services Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Community Stakeholder Activities Request for Information.
- Consistent Supplemental CDC Funding Support for Perinatal Hepatitis B Programs (May 15, 2019) - HBU/HBF and NASTAD sign-on letter urging the CDC to provide consistent funding support for the Perinatal Hepatitis B Auxiliary Prevention Projects and develop collaborative funding with Immunization Services Division.
- Opposing the American Health Care Act (March 22, 2017) – HBU sign-on letter sent to targeted members of the U.S. House of Representatives, expressing our concerns about the American Health Care Act and how certain provisions would negatively impact the communities we serve.